September 27, 2021

Wild Hunt (Shadow Guild - Wolf Queen Book 2) by Linsey Hall

Wild Hunt (Shadow Guild - Wolf Queen Book 2) by Linsey Hall
Rating: 3 Stars
Release Date: March 22, 2021
Format: eBook (Kindle Unlimited)
Publisher: Bonnie Doon Press

Linsey Hall’s second installment in the Shadow Guild Wolf Queen series, Wild Hunt, ends on another cliffhanger like the first book. Eve and Lachlan are reluctantly working together (while still fighting their mate bond) to learn more about Eve’s past and why she’s being hunted. 


Eve and her familiar Ralph are awesome, but I’m still not sold on Lachlan. I get that he’s very loyal to his pack and that’s admirable, but I don’t get how being emotionless is a good trait for an Alpha. Good leaders listen to their heads and their hearts. Lachlan has effectively cut off any input from his heart. I’m also still not really sure how the whole mating bond and curse works. Why has their clock started ticking down now after 10 years apart? There is definitely some tension between them (there is one teeny tiny scene with mild steaminess levels) but for the most part, both of them do their best to limit any romantic interactions.  


The secondary characters have always been one of my favorite parts of the Shadow Guild books. First of all, I love how amusing each of the familiars is. They each have very different personalities and help inject some humor and levity into the story. I also love seeing how supportive the other members of the Shadow Guild are to Eve. They always have each other’s backs, as evidenced by the fact that they help her break out of the Shifter Guild’s tower in the first pages of the book. I think the Shadow Guild would be evidence that quantity is not always better than quality. 


I hope the pace of the other books in the series picks up, as I want more action and to not be left with a bunch of questions at the end of the book. I also want more romance between Eve and Lachlan, as I’m positive they will end up together at the end of the series (given that’s how all the other Shadow Guild books turned out). 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts! Post your comments here.

Be sure to check back again later, as I do make an effort to reply to comments.