June 27, 2021

Heart of Vengeance (Alice Worth #6) by Lisa Edmonds

Heart of Vengeance (Alice Worth #6) by Lisa Edmonds
RATING
: 5 STARS
Release Date: October 13, 2020
Format: eBook (Kindle Unlimited)
Publisher: City Owl Press


What a great novel. Every time I finish a book in this series, I think Edmonds has set the bar extremely high and won't be able to outdo herself. I worry about this especially when the quality of some author's books can suffer as they increase the number of titles in a series. I'm very happy to say that I was proven wrong with this latest installment and that Edmonds has managed to cement my loyalty and interest yet again. 

Sean and Alice have a very unique relationship that I haven't seen in other books. They both have a lot of compromising to do for this relationship, which is really interesting to read as an outside observer. For example, Alice has to work on trust issues stemming from her childhood and Sean has to work on curbing his desire to constantly protect someone who doesn't need protection. Alice is nobody's damsel in distress. 

The relationship and interactions between Alice and Malcolm are also really fun to watch. They have such a unique brother/sister relationship that it's really refreshing to see, especially when Malcolm reminds Alice that's she's reverting to her old ways (which happens very frequently). 

The journey to the Broken World in this book is super fun! I loved seeing all the magical creatures (dragons, angels, monsters who eat everything but the head, grave robbing monsters...). While it's nice to see some of the familiar supernatural creatures like dragons, it's also really nice to see new innovative creatures too as it leaves me guessing and on the edge of my seat. 

I loved this book, and I'm really sad that I finished it so quickly because it means it will be that much longer of a wait till the next book comes out. Great job again to the author, can't wait to see the next installment! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts! Post your comments here.

Be sure to check back again later, as I do make an effort to reply to comments.